Dr Andrew Lim received his Bachelors of Dental Surgery from NUS in 2015 along with the following awards:
- TP Dental Surgeon’s Medal for the Best All Round Final Year Student
- Dental Society Silver Jubilee Award
- First prize for Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program
He was also a NUS Sports Scholar who represented Singapore and NUS in regional and international competitions.
Since graduation, Dr Andrew has gained both clinical and managerial experience from working in the following institutions:
- NUH/National University Center for Oral Health Singapore (NUCOHS)
- Khoo Teck Puat Hospital
- MINDEF (Changi Naval Base, Paya Lebar Air Base, CMPB)
- National Healthcare Group Polyclinics (Woodlands, Ang Mo Kio)
- Singhealth Polyclinics (Punggol)
He was also appointed as Dental Officer IC in a team of 12 clinicians during his stint in NUCOHS.
As each person’s oral health needs are vastly different, Dr Andrew is passionate about providing the best personalised oral care that is specifically tailored to each individual. He firmly believes that prevention is better than cure, and that early intervention is crucial in preventing further problems which can be more expensive and risky to treat at a later stage.
Beyond the clinic, Dr Andrew is also a part time tutor at NUS Faculty of Dentistry, where he gets to impact and impart to the next generation of dentists. He is humbled by the opportunity to give back to the profession and the community in this way.
As Dr Andrew believes that teaching and learning go hand in hand, he regularly attends continuing education courses to stay on the cutting edge. He also loves a good cup of coffee, hitting the gym and volunteering with friends in his community.